Musical Dharma Talks and Retreats
Bliss Hippy offers:
* Dharma Concerts, an evening of song, celebration and meditation. These powerful gatherings offer a joyful path to centering in turbulent times, with messages that empower personal transformation and encourage the unlimited possibilities of an expansive heart.
* Musical Dharma talks and full day retreats (lead by Maureen Hall and supported by Bliss Hippy music). These focus on mindfulness, from a Buddhist perspective and songs are integrated throughout the talks as a way of emphasizing the principles being presented. Maureen’s Dharma talks focus on the Four Bramaviharas, Mindfulness and Non-Dualism.
Maureen has taught and practiced mindfulness based Buddhist meditation for over a decade including:
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in Mind-Body Medicine Certification with Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli from the Continuing Education Department at Omega Institute. More info on MBSR at Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Completion of the two-year Community Dharma Leader (CDL) program from Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Woodacre California
- On-going participation in the Dharmacharya Program taught by Venerable Pannavati and Venerable Pannadipa, co-abbots at Embracing Simplicity Hermitage in Hendersonville, NC.
- Teaching MBSR at Missouri University of Science and Technology as part of The University of Missouri System's wellness program.
- Taught MBSR for the Center for Integrative Medicine in Springfield, MO in 2006 and 2008.
- Teaching many students individually, currently serving as the principal mentor for three students, and leading a sitting group in Rolla, MO weekly.
- Traveling to India twice in the last two years to provide musical, physical, and spiritual support for the Venerable Pannavati's mission to help India's "Untouchables"
- Serving as "Dharma Troubadours" providing musical support for meditation retreats lead by the Venerable Pannavati.
More details on Maureen's Dharma story and Bliss Hippy's Musical Dharma.